Thursday, May 29, 2014

Marriage Equality Church: Vision

Have you ever experienced love?  I have.  I'm madly, deeply in love with a woman who is everything I've wanted in a partner and more.  She's made me happier than I've ever been.  I want everyone who is able to experience the feelings I have for her, the happiness I share with her, and the compatibility I found in her to be able to commit to the other person, if they so choose, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.

Since I am about to make Pennsylvania my home, and Pennsylvania has called the ban on marriage between same-sex couples unconstitutional, I want to help all couples who want to take the step to have their commitment recognized by the state to be able to do so, thereby gaining the same rights heterosexual couples have today all over the United States.

That's why I decided to look for church property for sale and start a marriage equality church.  Its official name might not be "Marriage Equality Church", but it will be a place where any couple can have a wedding.  I will perform secular ceremonies there, but if a couple has a religious preference, they are welcome to have an officiant of their choosing perform the ceremony.

I'm doing this because I strongly support love, and I think it's only fair that as long as it's two consenting adults, anyone who feels love should have the same rights I am able to enjoy.


No comments: